My Photo
Name:
Location: Brainerd, Minnesota, United States

A mom of adult children and loving it. I am a deaconess in the United Methodist Church serving in Brainerd, MN

Friday, March 09, 2007

Thanks to a couple of people that I know I was nominated to be a "jailbird" for an MDA fundraiser in Brainerd. I am excited to be a part of this endeavor.

Last fall a friend of mine died while scuba diving. One of his projects at the time of his death was to help a young man named Matt Johnston reach his goal of scuba diving in Florida. The cool part is that Matt has MD and has very limited mobility and is on a ventilator. I have been following Matt's dream ever since Jere's death. You may have seen Matt on the Today Show. They did a segment on his accomplishment--diving off the coast of Florida. Jere would have been there if he were still alive. But, I am so thankful that I was able to learn about Matt and his desire to dive.

So, in Matt's honor I am working to raise money for MDA so other people can live out their dreams.

Learn more about Matt at www.divingadream.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online Degree