My Photo
Name:
Location: Brainerd, Minnesota, United States

A mom of adult children and loving it. I am a deaconess in the United Methodist Church serving in Brainerd, MN

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Found Poem--created at Scarritt-Bennett, Nashville, TN during a spiritual writing workshop
based on three words/phrases pulled from another poem

If only
I could sleep soundly
I didn't wake up at the slighest noise
Then I wouldn't be at this point today

I guarded myself and those in our building
I listened in comfort while being uncomfortable
I watched from a distance-like a television show was outside my window.

If only
I were brave
I could have stepped out of my hiding place

Like her I bang on the doors
I cry out in pain, anguish, defeat, fear
I run silently from door to door and bang
but I don't escape my attacker--
the perpetrator is myself

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I totally LOVE this!

LVH.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online Degree