My Photo
Name:
Location: Brainerd, Minnesota, United States

A mom of adult children and loving it. I am a deaconess in the United Methodist Church serving in Brainerd, MN

Friday, October 26, 2007

I had a very nice long post that was just lost into cyberspace, thanks to my free wi-fi time running out. Grrrr!!! But, I still love my Caribou Coffee spot. I will not be mad at them. My own fault for not checking my time. Oh well!!

I think the biggest thing I talked about was the fact I may go to the hair salon in this strip mall and see if I could get my hair colored today. Why? I don't know. It just sounds like a good thing to do. Something I have thought about for a while, so I think I will do it.

I sure love coming to Caribou for coffee and for the atmosphere. The change of location and it is a good way for me to relax after having dental work done. I try to come here or go to the nail salon each time I get my teeth worked on. It really helps me recover from the dental work. Now that they can use more anesthetic and they can use the non-epi stuff for some of the work, I am definitely doing better after the visits. I haven't had a passing out episode for a while. Today I felt a bit strange for a tiny bit, but it is gone. Last time I ended up sleeping for an hour or so because I had to get a double dose of local, but I didn't pass out. I was worried that time. Maybe just knowing that I can get a good dose of local now and I don't have to worry that my reaction could get worse I don't get so worked up about it and thus it doesn't happen. I don't know. Maybe it was all a mental thing.

I also have thought about friendship as I sit here. There have been three groups of women come in here since I was here. They appear to be groups of friends just coming in to have coffee and visit. That is something I miss in my life. I do not cultivate friendships in my life. I spend most of my free time with my husband or my children. I do not take time to be with friends and then I wonder why I don't have any close friends. It is not because I am not likable, but because I don't take time to build those relationships. I wish to do that and that may need to be a resolution in my life, to carve out time to work on those relationships.

Time to go--going to lunch with my kids--no hair coloring today--boo,hoo. It was a good thought, but time with the kids will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Online Degree